Sunday, March 11, 2012

Our Lifeline Journey begins

Well, we are off and running with the new job. As SC State Director, my first responsibility privilege was to offer a job to my dear friend Annie as 
Lifeline Child Advocate.  

Many of you know Annie already, but for those who don't know her personally, or know the work she does to advocate for orphans around the world, I hope you will check out her blog at www.cornbreadandchopsticks.blogspot.com 

Annie is one of my adoption mentors and took many a phone call from me in those early months while we raced to get Colin home. So, for all of those who call me now and are so appreciative of the time I take on the phone with you.....you have Annie to thank (among others!).  She was amazing with me and always patiently answered my questions. (and there were many!)

Well, in a matter of a few short days, Annie and I hopped a plane to Birmingham, AL.  We spent the next 4 days soaking up as much of the Lifeline culture as we could.



We were greeted with such hospitality and genuine smiles!

But, once we hit the door, it was time.to.work.
We started each day with emails (LOTS of emails) and then we re-fueled with C.O.F.F.E.E.

Then, we were off to the office and our very packed schedule.

We met with each division of the organization.  The more I learn about the heartbeat of this ministry, the more excited I am that I am now a part of this team.  To hear from the Directors of the Foster Care, Domestic adoption, and International adoption teams and to meet one on one with the social workers, birthmother counselors and leadership staff was so nice.

As it happened, I was able to extend my stay slightly in order to attend the

KNOW
more orphans

on Saturday hosted by Alter84




After I literally took the shirt of someone's back....
(THANKS AMY!)
I was ready to help with the registration table.  I believe that we had somewhere in the vicinity of 800 attend this conference.

It is easy to see, even in a short few days, that this team of people are no strangers to fun!  It was nice spending the morning with them in service.





There was an amazing line up of speakers as well.  Click here to see more about them!
I especially enjoyed Rick Morton and David Nasser.  I would encourage those of you who are passionate about Christ to read "Orphanology", co-authored by Rick Morton and Tony Merida.  

Sadly, my plane left early afternoon, so I was unable to stay for the entire event.
It was tough being away from Tom and the boys for 4 days, but they were 4 very productive days and were vital in preparing Annie and me for the months ahead as we work to secure licensure in SC.

We appreciate your prayer support!

If you or anyone you know is considering how they can get involved in honoring the Word of God by caring for orphans in distress, I would consider it a privilege to answer any questions that you/they have!
Angie

7 comments:

Vicky said...

Praise God for what He is doing in SC! Following this progress with great interest! May you and Annie find favor each step of the way!

Anonymous said...

wow!!! wow!!!! wow!!! Love Lifeline - even though we didn't use them, they have a special list going from Cami's SWI. SOOO wish we had someone like them here in California who really worked on all front for the orphan - both finding them homes and reducing the numbers of them!!!

kimjax said...

Looks like fun, Angie!!! Love being around people who love orphans. :) Can't wait to see God move in the hearts of His people here in Charleston. It's always exciting!!

Lisa said...

Congratulations Angie on your new position! May the Lord bless and use you mightily as you fulfill His call on your life!!!

Carmi said...

Orphanology is on my list of "wish list" books at Amazon. I would love to start an orphan care ministry at our church. I have to finish all my adopting first though!

The Stein Family said...

Awesome, awesome ministry. God is so GOOD!!! BTW, I haven't been able to comment on your posts until now (had a little browser problem that finally got fixed--whew!) Blessings to you, Laura

Sherri said...

SO excited for you! We loved Lifeline! Was hoping you would have a picture of Karla on your blog...I'd love to see her. She's a jewel!