Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Caribbean Shrimp & "Rice"

So my first time cooking "fake rice" and I  must admit, it was good. 

Using the Ninja (my new best friend in the kitchen), I grated one large head of cauliflower for a double batch.



Once ready, heat in microwave for 4 minutes or till tender and set aside.


Next slice up one large red pepper & 4 scallions


Heat 2 TBSP olive oil on medium heat and add veggies to saute' for about 5 minutes.

Add one can of Organic Diced Tomatoes (14.5 oz.), seasoning mix, and ginger.

I used two since I had to double the recipe for my crew...






measure out 1 pound peeled shrimp


Add in to pan and heat till shrimp are pink


Stir in the reserved "riced" cauliflower, lime juice, and cilantro.



Cook about 2 minutes to let flavors mingle.



1/2 head cauliflower, broken into florets
2 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
4 scallions, sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
1 tsp. Cajun Seasoning Mix
2 TBSP. grated fresh ginger or 2 tsp. ground ginger
1 pound peeled, deveined medium shrimp, tails removed
Juice of 1 small lime
2 TBSP coarsely chopped cilantro

Per Serving: 206 calories, 18 g protein, 14 g carb, 9 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 3 g fiber, 917 mg sodium


No comments: