Thursday, July 17, 2014

Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Fettuccine

This was a brand new recipe that we tried tonight, though we had not thawed enough chicken to double it, so there was only enough for the boys to each have a small serving.

I didn't get any. (But, all is forgiven, I thoroughly enjoyed my IsaLean Chocolate shake instead. :-)

So, I can't give it my personal thumbs up yet, but the kids all seemed to like it aside from the lack of leftovers or "seconds"

We start the sauce with a can of coconut milk



Pour the coconut milk into the food processor along with one large roasted red pepper.
(The recipe called for a jarred pepper, but I found out too late that I didn't have any, so I punted and roasted my own with the broiler.)



Once I got a good "char", I placed them into the food processor with the coconut milk and blended well. (About a minute)




The fettuccine in this recipe is a new one for us. They are "Shirataki" noodles. They were refrigerated in the grocery store. 




I drained them and heated them through, then set aside.


I heated olive oil and cooked 1 pound of chicken breast in cubes.

 

Once the chicken was cooked, I added 3 minced garlic cloves and sea salt and cooked another 3-4 minutes on medium high.

Now that the garlic is well distributed, we pour in the red pepper sauce that we have on hold. Let it boil, then lower heat and simmer 5 minutes.


Next we add in some fresh basil leaves and 1/2 c. grated fresh Parmesan cheese. 


Continue to simmer a few more minutes on medium low allowing the sauce to thicken a little. 

Then, we toss in the fettuccine till it is well coated.


Serve immediately and garnish with a small dash of grated parm on top as desired. 



No comments: