Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

This is our first Mother's Day that Tommy, our 6 1/2 year old son has been fully engaged in making this a special day for me.  It is so fun to see children enjoy days like this. He jumped on the bed at 6:30 this morning and handed me my Mother's Day card.  Then, with a huge smile on his face, he announced that he and Dad had made my favorite-- cheesy eggs! He was so proud that they had "kept their secret" from me all week.  We enjoyed a brief cuddle in bed and then were called to breakfast by my wonderful husband.  

Once downstairs, I was greeted by another card, this one from my husband and a beautiful orchid corsage that my boys had picked up for me to wear to church.  I haven't had a corsage since the High School Prom.  Tommy led us in a prayer together, remembering to pray for his new "big brother" and we had a yummy meal.

As we got dressed for church, Tommy decided that he needed to wear a tie today since it was such a special occasion! :-) So, off he went to church with his leather flip flop sandles, khaki short, short sleeved white button-down shirt and a pastel tie!  What a sight.  That's what passes for formal here in the south. lol

I am especially blessed today and have a real peace about the weeks and months to come as we prepare to welcome another sweet boy into our family.  I pray that he is well and happy today and that we will see him soon.

Happy Mother's Day to all! Angie

No comments: