Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter 2013

This has been a somewhat unusual Easter season for us because we have only been home from China for one week.
 
So, we have not really had much build up to the celebration of Easter.
 
 
I also would not have chosen for myself to have Easter Sunday be the first day we take our new boys to church here, and if it weren't Easter, I might be tempted to keep them home for worship one more week before tackling our large church and all the attention that they will receive.
 
But, it IS Easter and I just love Easter, so I don't want to miss worship.
 
The night before, we gathered the boys around and Tom and Colin alternated back and forth reading the story of Christ's crucifiction from the book of Mark.
 
Tom would read a few verses in English and Colin would read the verses in Chinese so that we all could hear the story.



It was interesting to hear Connor correcting some of Colin's reading as he followed along in Cameron's Chinese Bible.
 
Once getting all the boys' teeth brushed and tucking them into bed, I came downstairs to see Tom getting their Easter "Buckets" ready.
 
What?
 
That's right!  While I was in China, Tom went shopping for Easter supplies
 (all on his own!)
 and being the practical man that he is,
decided that beach buckets would be way more functional than traditional baskets, and could be used at the beach this summer, so....


 
Easter morning, Tom was up early and off to church to play in the Orchestra so the boys and I were left to our Easter "buckets"!

Tommy, age 8

Cooper, age 9

Cameron, age 11

Connor, age 13

Colin, age 15
Even though it was sprinkling this morning, I was not about to let a little rain shower rob me of Easter morning photos!

So, here we go...

Colin is our oldest.
What a story he has to share!
I just know God is going to use this boy to impact the Kingdom one day!
Connor is my newest teen and he is not a fan of photos! 
Clearly, God has called him into MY family so that he can overcome this! :-)

Cameron was my translator while in China this time.
He took on a lot of responsibility for such a young boy.
Happy Easter, my sweet child!

Cooper is our littlest one, but not the youngest.
He is 19 months older than Tommy, but an inch or so shorter
and will likely always be our shortest.


Oh my little heart!
Tommy is our youngest (and first born!) son.
He is 8 going on 25!
We call him our little old man!
Best cuddler on the planet!

Seems like this photo would never happen, but God was faithful!
Love each and every one of these young men!
Can't wait to see what God has planned for them!


Silliness abounds! 


We finally headed off to church after attempting to prepare the new boys for what this would be like.

 
After church, we got Dad into the fun!
I think this photo may remain my favorite forever!
 
What a picture of a Father's Love!



At 70 years old, his heart is bigger than ever!

I am amazed at the work God has done in his heart over the past 12 years!

Our boys may not fully grasp yet what it means to have such a committed Father in their lives, but one day they will know just how blessed they are!

I hope that each of you will spend this day pondering the Victory that is yours through the Resurrection of our Savior!

All those who believe are adopted into the family of God himself and the inheritance that is ours is beyond our imaginations!

Praise the Lord, He is Risen!
 

4 comments:

Tricia F said...

I love this!

Anonymous said...

My favorite picture is Tom teaching the boys the Bible. The mission field has come to him. He even has is own translator. May the Lord give Tom at least another 20 years of good health to raise his sons. Good Bless you all! Your friends in Texas.

The Stein Family said...

Wow! I loved this post. Welcome home to you guys.

Unknown said...

Enjoying your blog! I noticed you said Cameron was your translator. We are adopting a 7 yo from China and I would love it if she could retain her Chinese. How has Cameron been able to do that? Thanks for answering if you have time.
Debbie