Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fingerprinting Time!

So, in the craziness of our lives right now, it occurred to me today that Tom and Tommy are leaving on Saturday to attend the SIG Camp (Summer Institute for the Gifted) in Sarasota, FL and will be gone three weeks!  Not that I didn't know they were going, but I guess I forgot to consider that this could somehow complicate our adoption process.  So, I quickly asked our case worker about this. The main concern was that Tom would not be in town for his USCIS Fingerprinting appointment and that waiting three weeks for him to return could compromise our already tight timeline. She made a quick call to USCIS and they were gracious enough to fax her a copy of Tom's appointment letter which, (thank you God!) just happened to be drafted yesterday.  It never ceases to amaze me how God has stayed one step ahead of us throughout this entire process. Talk about the ultimate Risk Manager!! lol

So, since these appt. letters will originate in Charleston, there is a strong chance that both our letters will come tomorrow and we can attempt to walk in early for our fingerprints.  Either way, Tom will go and get his taken care of.  This actually puts us in a position to gain a day or two (or three) on our timeline.  I will be sure to post something as soon as we know more.

Blessings, Angie

No comments: