Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Early on in our journey to adopt Colin this past summer, I received a phone call on my cell phone from a number I did not recognize. Now, I rarely answer such calls.  But that day, I did.

On the other end of the phone was a woman from a small town in Iowa.  A woman that I did not know.  She was calling to encourage me.  Seriously.  This woman had read my adoption story on my blog and felt the Lord leading her to call me and offer me encouragement that day. From that "not so random" phone call was born a sweet long distance friendship.  This new friend and her husband are soon to adopt two precious children from China.  They expect to travel around February.  

I have enjoyed reading her blog and hearing about all the milestones that are reached that are bringing her that much closer to her two new children.  

But today, as I sit in a hotel room in China awaiting my US Consulate appointment in the morning, I read her blog and was moved to share it with all of you.  I hope that you will take the time to read her post from today here.

After nearly completing two age out adoptions in less than 8 months from start to finish, I am now at the place where I can't be the one.  There are so many children just like my boys who wait.  The need is so great and contrary to popular belief, we are all commanded (not called) to care for these children in one way or another. I pray that someone who reads this would be able to pause before they hit "delete".

God Bless, Angie

2 comments:

Chris said...

Thanks for sharing the blog post from your friend.

I so often feel the same.....

*sigh*

I do believe our God will move the hearts of more people to adopt.
He does have a plan for each and every one of us!!!

He is the ultimate advocate for the fatherless.

Lisa said...

Angie, you're so sweet! Thank you! I wish everyone's eyes would open to the cause of the orphan...I guess it all comes down to the starfish story, right? Making a difference to that one!! Hug your "starfish" tonight...both of them! :)